Most roofing systems have a life expectancy. Asphalt shingles, for instance, can last up to 40 years. As for metal roofs, these can last longer, with up to 70 years of life expectancy.
Several factors, however, can affect their life span. Petrali Roofing, one of the top roofers in Castle Rock, Colorado, shows the five factors that could affect your roof’s lifespan:
1. Climate & Weather – Both the climate and the weather can significantly affect the performance of your roof. If you’re living in an area with harsh climate conditions and experiences constant temperature fluctuations, chances are your roof may have a shorter life span.
2. Insulation & Ventilation – Make sure that your attic insulation and ventilation are adequate. That’s because insufficient insulation and ventilation can cause warm, moist air to build up. In turn, these can cause rotting on your roof, along with mold and mildew growth.
3. Roof Pitch – A roof with a higher pitch, or slope, can shed water or snow faster than flat roofs. This means that a high sloping roof can dry up faster, avoiding saturation of the roofing materials.
4. Roof Installation – Not even the best roofing materials can last long due to improper installation. Make sure to hire a well-established roofer to ensure proper installation.
5. Maintenance – Plain and simple, take care of your roof, and it will surely take care of you for longer.
If you need any help with your roofing in Peyton, CO, as well as in Colorado Springs, Castle Rock, Falcon, and Pueblo, rely on the expertise of Petrali Roofing. With over 33 years of collective experience under our belts, you are assured of quality roofing products and services every time. We provide a variety of services, from roof repair to maintenance. Moreover, we provide residential roofing options that fit any need and budget. In fact, we are among the few companies with a GAF Master Elite™ certification.
Call Petrali Roofing today at (719) 453-1313 or make use of our request form for a roofing project quotation.