Your roof makes up of 40% of your home’s curb appeal, so it’s important that you choose the right color. This will ensure that your home looks welcoming and stands out above the rest.
To help you choose the right shade, here are a few design tips from Petrali Roofing, the trusted roofer in Pueblo, CO:
- Consider your area’s climate. As Colorado Springs experiences a dry, humid climate, it’s ideal to have lighter-colored roofs because these reflect heat better than dark colors.
- If you want to make your home look bigger, look for light hues. These accentuate the lines and angles of other home components.
- You can use dark colors, such as black and gray, to downplay peak height differences.
- Get a sample shingle color and place it next to an area of your home at different times of the day. This way, you can see how the roof will blend with other components and how it will look like with shadows.
- You can get inspiration from other components of your home and your neighbors’ roofing. You can also browse the Internet for ideal colors.
- Use bright shades, such as yellow and green, to exude an energetic look.
- If you have detailed architectural styles in other components of your home, pick a low-contrast shade. This way, your home will not look too busy.
- If you want to go safe with your color choice, choose complementary shades.
- Choose a reliable roofing material that comes in different hues. This way, you don’t have to compromise beauty with durability.
When looking for quality roofing with many color selections, Petrali Roofing can help. We are a Colorado Springs roofer who specializes in both metal and asphalt shingles. These materials have different colors that will surely complement any architectural style. As a GAF Master Elite™ contractor, we ensure quality work and products in every replacement and roof repair in Colorado Springs, CO.
If you want to learn more design tips, schedule a consultation today. You can call us at (719) 375-8773 or reach us through our contact form.