Your roof is a huge investment, and to continue enjoying its returns, you need to know when to repair or replace it. Your decision depends largely on the timing. You don’t want to replace too soon and waste money, but neither do you want to wait too long and end up with leaks and costly water damage.
Petrali Roofing, the top roofer in Pueblo, CO, explains how to know when you need a simple repair and when you need to buckle down and just replace the whole roof:
When to Repair
If you notice any of the following signs, your roof probably just needs repair:
- Leaks – If you spot these early enough, your roofing contractor should be able to fix them with some patchwork.
- Missing Shingles – A roofer can replace missing shingles, flashing, seal vents, and even pipe openings.
- Curling Roof Shingles – Shingles can curl from poor installation or during a rainstorm. Repair these immediately as they won’t be able to protect your roof from the elements.
If you need roof repair in Colorado Springs, CO, you can count on Petrali Roofing. We are the top choice among homeowners for providing superior service. We will also conduct annual maintenance to ensure your roof remains in great shape no matter what.
When to Replace
Your roof endures constant wear and tear, which will eventually lead to a need for its replacement. Here are some signs that will help you know when:
- Roof Decay – This weakens the structure, making it unable to bear the weight of your roof. At this point, the best thing to do is replace it.
- Mold, Moss, and Algae Growth – If you perform a regular roof inspection, you may be able to identify and treat algae growth quickly. With proper treatment, you can avoid having to replace your roof. Once the algae have spread however, you will need to replace your roof.
- Age – If your roof is over 50 years old and presents any issues, replacement may be safer than repairs.
Petrali Roofing offers a wide range of roof options from GAF® and Decra®. We will conduct detailed inspection and assessment of your roof and provide a report on its condition. This will help you decide if replacement is necessary, or if we can make repairs to prolong the life of your roof. Call us today at (719) 453-1313 for a No-Cost estimate.